(A parody on
common excuses for giving up church attendance)
and source unknown
1. Every time I
went, they asked for money.
2. The people I sat next to didnít seem friendly.
3. The seats were too hard and not comfortable at all.
4. I went to many games but the coach never came to call on me.
5. The referees made decisions that I couldnít agree with.
6. The game went into overtime and I was late getting home.
7. The band played numbers Iíd never heard before and it wasnít my
style of music.
8. It seems the games are always scheduled when I want to do other
9. I always managed to sit next to hypocrites. They came to see
their friends and they talked during the whole game.
10. I was taken to too many games by my parents when I was growing
11. They never asked me to participate or get involved.
12. In sports they expect you to follow the rules.
13. I hate to wait in the parking lot traffic jams after the game.